Aequalitas Media pronounced uh-qual-eh-tahs (Latin for equality) was formed in 2020 by publisher DJ Doran as a vehicle to acquire and ensure the continuation of legacy and non-legacy LGBTQ+ publications. Aequalitas Media is one of the fastest-growing LGBTQ+ media companies in the U.S.
Aequalitas Media purchased Echo Magazine in August 2020 and has been incorporated into the OUTvoices brand as of April 2, 2021. OUTvoices was launched to better represent our commitment to providing a platform amplifying the voices of our community.
Having OUTvoices Phoenix underneath the OUTvoices umbrella, we now have the ability to share print content with other member publications that are part of the OUTvoices network across the U.S. at no cost to the publication.
By directing our local website traffic to the national website OUTvoices.us, we are adding our small voices to a greater voice that will increase the reach of our content and allow the national website to attract national brands and agencies desiring to advertise to our community.
The OUTvoices Phoenix Team
Bill Orovan, Founder and Publisher Emeritus
Aequalitas Media, Publisher
3023 N Clark St #732
Chicago IL 60657
Marketing & Advertising Sales
Combined, the OUTvoices brand reaches an active and diverse audience with a wide variety of interests and a high percentage of discretionary income. Team Echo's goal is to continue to be the go-to destination for local lifestyle and entertainment coverage throughout the greater Phoenix area as well as our neighboring communities.
Our OUTvoices family presently includes:
- OUTvoices Phoenix is published monthly and is available for free at newsstands or via subscription service for a small fee.
- phoenix.outvoices.us is home to all the magazine's content, plus up-to-the-minute local news coverage, web-exclusive content, photo galleries, community resources as well as a community calendar for all LGBTQ events.
- echogram – be the first to know when our latest issue comes out and get a sneak peek at what's inside by subscribing to our monthly newsletter here.
- Podcasts - coming soon.
- Internet Radio - coming soon.
- Follow OUTvoices Phoenix on Twitter
- Like OUTvoices Phoenix on Facebook
- Add OUTvoices Phoenix on Instagram
- Outvoices Phoenix on LinkedIn
- See our Marketing & Advertising solutions and opportunities
As an Aequalitas Media company, OUTvoices Phoenix is certified LGBTBE by the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce.
The history of Echo Magazine
Echo Magazine started at the original editor's apartment in 1989 and has grown to be Arizona's leading media outlet dedicated to serving the LGBTQ+ community. We deliver local news, events, sports, features, reviews, previews, and photos while informing and documenting our local LGBTQ+ communities about the issues that impact us in our monthly printed product as well as via phoenix.outvoices.us and social media.
Echo in 2018 joined Print Re-Leaf to plant trees in order to offset the paper that our magazines use for printing. Below are our current amount of trees planted, and that number grows each month.